|Starting Date||Feb. 2018|
|Organization||Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex|
|Street Address||Uriah Butler Highway|
|Phone||1-868-225-4673 extension 5084|
|FAX||1-868-225-4673 extension 2589|
The incumbent will be responsible for consulting and advising other medical practitioners on various medical issues via reviewing current and historical assessments of patients to determine medical solutions to health problems. Also, ensuring adherence to guidelines and procedures are maintained to avoid medical legal issues.
* Assists colleagues in units throughout the Hospital in the diagnosis and management of patients, as and when required.
* Continues clinical responsibility for all patients until their final discharge.
* Responsible for the standards of medical practice and professional code of ethics adopted by the Medical Board of Trinidad and Tobago.
* Provides continuous supervision and training of doctors, nurses and all paramedical personnel (where applicable).
* Accepts responsibility for the teaching of the highest standards of medical practice to both undergraduate and postgraduate students assigned to the unit.
* Maintains the discipline and code of behavior of all categories of staff directly under supervision.
* Implements and supervises the standard, format and accuracy of the records of all patients under care and review from time-to-time.
* Communicates to all patients under charge on the nature of their illnesses and the outlook in treatment of their well being so that they understand (within their capacity to do so) the full extent of their recovery or disability as may be the case.
* Assesses and reviews the Audit Committee reports and to implement changes as may be recommended from time-to-time.
* Participates in research projects which may involve the unit and/or in collaboration with other units.
* Accepts such other responsibilities (within reason) that the Authority through the Head of Department - may request of you from time-to-time, e.g. representation on Committees, investigate patient management practices, initiate new procedures etc.
* Maintains and upkeeps agreed standards of medical care for patients who come under his/her responsibility.
* Performs other related duties as directed by the organisational relationship. Minimum Qualifications, Training and Experience:
* Postgraduate Degree or Diploma in the appropriate specialisation. or
* A certificate from a recognised Postgraduate Institution indicating two (2) years in the area of specialisation (where degrees or diplomas are not offered).
* At least five (5) years of Postgraduate experience/training in the area of specialisation.
* Qualifications from an approved institution registered with the Medical Board of Trinidad & Tobago.
* Where sub-specialisation is indicted or required i.e. Neonatology, proficiency in this area should be indicated during the Postgraduate training period.
Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago.
Applications must be submitted along with Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates by January 31, 2018.